CPCE is the only professional certification focused exclusively on the business of catering and events. A CPCE designation establishes your expertise and is a clear signal of your professionalism and your commitment to best practices.
Get certified and join a growing, elite community of top catering and event professionals.
How to get started
- Download the Policy Manual
- Review eligibility requirements
- Note: Candidates who have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis are eligible to apply for CPCE as long as they were employed as of March 1, 2020. All other certification eligibility requirements remain in place.
- Gather your required documentation
- Complete your application and Supervisor Verification Form
- Prepare for the CPCE exam
The fee for CPCE application is $525, which includes one sitting of the exam. Candidates who do not pass the exam may retake it within one year of application approval for a $200 fee.
Are you eligible to apply for the CPCE?
1. Have you worked full time in the catering & events industry in the past three years?
2. Have you attended 30 hours of professional development in the past five years?
3. Do you have your $525 exam fee or scholarship secured?
NACE is now offering virtual exam proctoring for the CPCE exam. To take the CPCE exam with a virtual proctor, the candidate must agree to the following:
- Work with NACE staff to schedule the exam during business hours Eastern time that works for the NACE staff who will virtually proctor.
- Share a webcam with the virtual proctor for the duration of the 2.5-hour exam that shows the candidate and their exam space.
- Share their screen for the duration of the exam.
- Use only one screen/monitor during the exam.
- Only use a calculator, scratch paper, and a pen or pencil. Smartphones are not allowed.
- Show a photo ID via webcam before the exam begins.
All other exam policies apply, including scheduling the exam at least 7 business days in advance using the Exam Scheduling Form. Please complete all the candidate information including the location and signature. The exam will be scheduled in the candidate’s local time zone.
Do you have a group interested in taking the CPCE exam? Take $100 off each application when five or more apply together. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Elevate your conference or event
Want to offer CPCE credits at your events? Get approved today!