The Patti J. Shock Scholarship
In conjunction with The International School of Hospitality (TISOH), The Foundation of NACE presents The Patti J. Shock Scholarship educational scholarship. The scholarship provides funding for the Meeting and Event Catering Certificate program in Las Vegas or online.
The Meeting and Event Catering Certificate program strives to teach participants to deliver maximum value to their meeting and event clients, no matter the budget. The curriculum gives a well-rounded view of not only catering and menu writing, but also the essential processes and procedures, including but not limited to safety, staffing, and negotiation techniques.
Participants will complete this program with the knowledge and skill set needed for even the pickiest and cost-conscious clinets. This program is worth 45 CPCE (Certified Professional in Catering and Events) contact hours toward the initial certification or recertification application for the CPCE designation. The National Association for Catering and Events (NACE) offers the CPCE designation.
This course is suitable for both catering career newcomers and those transitioning within the field. Meeting and event professionals seeking to build on or fill gaps in their knowledge base may also want to apply. No prior experience or education in this field is required. For more information on the program visit: http://tisoh.edu/programs/catering-programs/mec/
Each scholarship includes:
- Cost of tuition and fees for the Meeting and Event Catering Certificate Program -excludes textbooks ($1800 value).
To be eligible for this educational scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must submit a resume
- Applicants must write an essay, of no more than 1,000 words, answering the following questions:
- Why is a career in catering and event management a passion for you?
- How do you see this program furthering your career?
- Students must have a high school diploma or have completed a high school equivalency exam.
- Basic computer proficiency is assumed although one-on one tech support is available to all students.
Applications will be accepted from September 17 - November 16, 2018. The course must be taken within one academic year of award notification. Apply online today!
Earn a recognized credential and Advance your career – www.tisoh.edu