Vince DeFinis Scholarship
The Vince DeFinis Scholarship Program honors the founder of the first chapter of the National Association for Catering and Events (NACE) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Vincent DeFinis, CPCE, and is designed to offer support to undergraduate students in the hospitality industry who demonstrate future leadership abilities.
The Vince DeFinis Scholarship Program honors the founder of the first chapter, Vincent DeFinis, CPCE, of the National Association of Catering and Events (NACE) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and is designed to offer support to undergraduate students in the hospitality industry who demonstrate future leadership abilities. Relaunched in 2016, the scholarship transformed from a traditional educational scholarship program to one that is focused on career development.
Scholarship winners will receive a package of robust career development tools designed to not just financial support their education, but will also provide multiple opportunities to interact with industry leaders and participate in NACE education throughout the year. The Scholarship winner will receive a package valued at over $7,000.00 which will consist of:
- Tuition Reimbursement: $4,000
- 2018 NACE Experience registration: $800
- 2018 NACE Experience Travel (air/hotel- room share): up to $900
- 2019 NACE Evolve registration: $320
- 2019 NACE Evolve travel (air/hotel- room share): up to $600
- 1-year prepaid local NACE chapter meeting fees: up to $500
- 1-year NACE student membership: $50
- NEW! Externship program - In development
- NEW! Professional mentorship program - In development
Undergraduate students must meet the following eligibility requirements and submit their application. The application will open in 2019.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits or more) in an accredited hospitality or related program and applicant’s graduation date must not be before May 2018, and applicants must have completed 30 credits.
- All applicants must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Submit a resume and an essay (no more than 1,000 words) and answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in pursuing a career in catering or event management?
- What kind of a job would you like to gain after graduation?
- What is your ultimate career goal and/or dream job? What are your long-term goals and objectives?
- 2 letters of recommendation, one from a professional caterer or event company and a current professor, and official transcripts for the previous two years.