MEMBERSHIP CODE OF ETHICS
NACE members work hard to deliver excellent events with the utmost professionalism. Dedication to keeping a consistent level of quality and standards contributes to strengthening the integrity of catering and event professionals. The following is the code all NACE members agree to upon joining:
- NACE members will give respect to and uphold the laws of the land and the regulations that govern the catering and events industry.
- NACE members will conduct business with customers and other members of the catering and event industry with a fair, honest and truthful approach.
- NACE members will protect the confidentiality of information gained through working with others.
- NACE members will conduct business on behalf of the association in accordance with the bylaws, policies and procedures of the organization.
- NACE members will not use association positions or platforms to put forward personal views that are not aligned with the mission, vision and values of the association as outlined above.
- NACE members will take responsibility for their conduct and strive to continually advance the mission, vision and values of the association and the catering and events industry.
- NACE members will foster an open and welcoming environment respectful of all members regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibility, political affiliation, or disability.
- NACE members will refrain from any conduct or statements that bring discredit upon NACE or the catering and event profession.
Ethics complaints are reviewed by a committee using the Ethics Review Procedures. If you wish to report a violation of the code of ethics, please forward the Ethics Complaint Form and any supporting documents to email@example.com or in writing to:
The National Association for Catering and Events
Attn: Ethics Committee
10440 Little Patuxent Parkway, #300
Columbia, Maryland 41044 Ph: 410-290-5410
As of 9/2013
Revised 2/2016, 2/2019