Making a commitment to the catering and events profession means making your mark. By becoming a Certified Professional in Catering and Events you are elevating your credibility in the hospitality industry and increasing your marketability for career advancement.The goals of the CPCE program are to:
- Establish a nationally recognized standard of competence
- Promote professional commitment to excellence
- Endorse active participation in educational offerings that support the continued competency of CPCE
- Aid employers in identifying qualified personnel
- Enhance the professional image of industry professionals
- Provide a sense of personal achievement for the advancement of one’s career
CPCE Application Fee
The fee for CPCE application is $525, which includes one sitting of the exam. Candidates who do not pass the exam may retake it within one year of application approval for a $200 fee.
CPCE's 8 core competencies are:
- Beverage Management
- Catering Services
- Contracts and Agreements
- Event Management
- Food Production
- Human Resources
- Sales and Marketing
Group Rates Program
Do you have a group interested in taking the CPCE exam? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about our group rates program.
Interested in applying for a scholarship?
- Richard Suttman CPCE Scholarship - Applications open Summer 2017. Winners will be notified Fall 2017.
- Timothy S Y Lam Foundation CPCE Scholarship - Available year-round. Applications due February 15, May 15, August 15, November 15.
Award CPCE Credit For Your Class or Seminar
Do you have an upcoming speaking engagement? Add even more value to your hospitality-related class or seminar by offering CPCE contact hours. To be approved, submit the contact hour approval application to email@example.com. Approved classes will offer attendees one contact hour per hour of education.
To maintain CPCE status, recertification is required every five years. Recertification is achieved by completing the requirements described on the recertification application. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Earning the CPCE designation is one of the best personal investments that I could have made."
Doug Quattrini, CPCE
Event Producer, Feastivities Events, Philadelphia PA
application drafting form
aStore resource books
benefits for candidates
benefits for employers
exam content outline
supervisor verification form
NACE Store: CPCE study resources
Photo credits: DJones Photography