Steps to the CPCE
1. Apply. Download the drafting form - full of valuable information, this form helps you draft your application before submission. Then complete the CPCE application and Supervisor Verification Form and email to email@example.com with supporting documentation. The application fee is $525.
2. Study. Consider additional study tools, including books and NACE's Fast Track study program.
3. Register. The online exam is now the most common way to take the exam and allows candidates flexibility to select their preferred day and time as well as receive immediate results. Paper exam dates are also available.
4. Exam. 175 questions, 2.5 hours, 70% correct to pass. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for exam support.
5. Congratulations! Certification is valid for five years. Candidates who do not pass may retake the exam for a reduced fee within one year from application approval.
"Having the CPCE designation after my name not only helps me show my clients that I value education, but it also sets me apart from the competition. My clients appreciate the fact that I understand all components of their event, and not just the rental aspect."
Clara Hough, CPCE
Owner/ President, Over the Top Linen, LLC, Houston TX
application drafting form
benefits for candidates
benefits for employers
exam content outline
supervisor verification form
NACE Store: CPCE study resources