2017 Foundation of NACE Community Grants
In 2017, The Foundation of NACE will award a minimum of $10,000 in Community Grants to NACE chapters.
Every day across the country our members are helping others and giving back to their communities. Through the Community Grants Program, NACE chapters are able to support local organizations in their communities that directly affect lives.
How Much is the Grant?
Grants are generally offered with a value of between $500 up to a maximum of $2,000 per grant. Projects with budgets less than or greater than the range can be submitted and will be reviewed on a case by case basis depending upon merit.
What Does the Grant Cover?
- The grant covers direct program costs associated with the work chapters do with community organizations, local public interest groups or community action projects.
- Funding cannot be used to support university specific projects, research projects, program salaries, indirect costs or for travel beyond the local area even when related to the project.
- Grants will be awarded for work that begins and must be completed in 2017. Please include any matching funds in the application.
- Food (food bank, Meals on Wheels, healthy lunch programs, sustainability programs)
- Economics (long-term unemployed with job training, homeless programs)
- Education (hospitality programs, reading programs, mentoring programs, after-school programs)
- Demographic outreach (children, elderly, veterans, special needs adults)
- Events to help a local community need or address an emergency (natural disaster)
Program Details and Expectations: Submission deadline has passed. Award notifications will be made in May.
Winners will be asked to participate in press briefings or other presentations related to the project and submit information for promotion on website and social media.